“You gotta man the mutha f**k up”
I mean, could the opening quote from Zach be any more to the point?
As you may be able to tell, I love this dude’s attitude. He means business, and has established himself as The Underground Strength Coach. With a no bull shit approach to becoming strong in both mind and body Zach Evan Esh tells it like it is and holds nothing back. Maybe it’s the jersey coming out or maybe it’s from his immigrant parents but this guy is passionate about life, family and getting you stronger.
I can relate with Zach with many things. First, his belief of building mind body and spirit all in unison for a stronger life. Second bodybuilding was what turned Zach’s depression around as a teenager. Sound familiar? Zach also mentioned how when he was growing up the only thing he would read and actually comprehend was bodybuilding magazines. And his in your face no bs approach to feeling you like it is.
Attitude. Passion. Strength. Are three words that come to mind when I think of Zach Even-Esh.
- Author Mens Health, Muscle and Fitness, Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Teenage Bodybuilding champion
- Young Mr Israel
- Teenage Mr Natural Mid Atlantic
- NJ Underground Strength Coach – dude created his own certification.
“I have an inner drive to express myself. I don’t want people here if all they care about are the weights they lift. I want to connect, communicate, teach and inspire people who want to succeed in LIFE, both in AND out of the gym.”
Quote taken from zacheven-esh.com
Some topics we discussed:
- 0:20 – Surround yourself with greatness
- 0:42 – Man the Mutha F**K up!
- 1:25 – Passion and becoming either a predator or prey
- 3:50 – Zach’s journey back and forth from Israel to NJ
- 4:30 – Dealing with depression and winning Teenage Mr Israel
- 7:40 – Losing in wrestling became fuel for Zach
- 12:25 – Your thoughts and attitude can control or damage everything in your life
- 14:14 – People are weak, nobody teaches you to be a go getter.
- 14:50 – People need to get tough
- 15:55 – Anthony speaks his core values Discipline. Structure. Integrity and how he grew up with tough love.
- 17:15 – Zach explains how his hard working immigrant parents taught him to fend for himself
- 19:05 – Surviving the holocaust
- 20:20 – Trophies aren’t for people just showing up, and entitlement of kids these days
- 23:57 – You can NOT succeed in life if you don’t fight and EARN that shit!
- 27:00 – Losing just like winning is a habit
- 28:15 – To breakthrough you must break down
- 29:19 – The evolution of The Underground Strength Gym
- 33:10 – Zach’s worst business model in the world but he loves it
- 41:15 – Anthony made the mistake of hiring personalities and not positions in the early stages of business development
- 45:45 – People have gotten soft, embrace the journey, man up and live for the journey
- 46:50 – When opportunity pops up, take advantage of it even if you are unsure of it, GO FOR IT!
- 49:37 – Dude creates his own certification – The Underground Strength Coach Cert
- 53:57 – Rapid Fire questions
- Bodybuilding or figure?
- Best tip for someone looking to grow their brand?
- Most valuable lesson learned from building your own business?
- Favorite book recommendations
- Next up on your bucket list?
- If today was your last day on earth what would you say to your fans/followers?
- Winners never cheat – Jon M. Huntsman
- Turning Pro – Steven Pressfield
- The Warrior Ethos – Steven Pressfield
- Go giver – Bob Burg
- No BS wealth attraction – Dan S. Kennedy
- No BS time management – Dan S. Kennedy
Links from the show:ANTHONY MONETTI PODCAST, project my life, UNDERGROUND STRENGTH CLUB, ZACH EVEN ESH